These Chinese Chive Pockets make a perfect snack. The super crispy and thin dough is stuffed with a hearty, savory filling made with Chinese chives and shiitake mushrooms. They’re easier to make than potstickers and have all the goodness that dumplings have, only more satisfying!
- 1 package of dumpling wrappers (40 count)
- 2 cups of Chinese chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup of firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of white pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped Chinese chives, crumbled tofu, and diced shiitake mushrooms.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, white pepper, and salt. Mix well.
- Add water and mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Take a dumpling wrapper and add a heaping tablespoon of filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Wet the edges of the wrapper with water using your finger.
- Fold the wrapper in half and pinch the edges to seal.
- Repeat until all filling is used up.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the dumplings and cook until the bottom is golden brown.
- Add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot with soy sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts (per 4 dumplings):
- Calories: 160
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 640mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 22g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 5g