Hearty vegan keto bread made entirely of seeds. Free of gluten, grains, nuts, dairy, eggs, soy and sugar. Full of fiber, phytonutrients and healthy fat.
- 1 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seeds (divided)
- 1/2 cup psyllium husks (whole)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or pinch powdered stevia
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 1-pound loaf pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Pulse 1 cup of the pumpkin seeds in a food processor or blender until finely chopped. It should be medium-coarse flour consistency (as shown in the images).
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin seed flour with the remaining pumpkin seeds, psyllium husks, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, salt and maple syrup (or stevia).
- Then stir in the warm water and olive oil, and combine until your batter forms.
- With your hands press the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Take the loaf pan out of the oven and remove the loaf. Put the loaf on a sheet pan so the top is down and return it to the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- The bread is done when you tap on it and it sounds hollow inside.
- Cool completely and then slice into 16 pieces.
- Serve toasted.
Nutrition Facts per serving (1 slice, based on 12 servings):
- Calories: 217
- Total Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 196mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8g
- Sugars: 2.3g
- Protein: 7.3g