This light, fluffy, and delicious gluten-free vegan vanilla cake recipe includes an almond cake base. You won’t even notice that it’s devoid of gluten, dairy, or eggs! It’s ideal to enjoy as a delicious treat at home or bring to a special event like a birthday party.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (or dairy-free butter alternative for a vegan version), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or coconut sugar for a refined sugar-free version)
- 2 large eggs (or flaxseed eggs for a vegan version)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs (or flaxseed eggs, if using) one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the almond milk. Start and end with the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Calories: 230 kcal
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 4g