This chickpea tortellini salad is going to become a fridge staple for you. It takes about 20 minutes or so to throw together, can last in the fridge for a few days and is a delicious side dish that works with so many meals.
- Olive oil for sautéing
- ounces chickpeas canned, drained and rinsed
- large garlic cloves sliced
- cups chopped kale curly or lacinato
- ounces tortellini frozen, vegan
For the Curry Dressing:
- cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- cup mayonnaise vegan
- tablespoons lemon juice
- tablespoons water
- teaspoon curry powder
- Maple syrup to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chickpeas. Sauté the chickpeas for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a rimmed dish and set aside.
- Add the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, water, and curry powder to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add maple syrup to taste. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the same skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden. Stir continuously to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add the kale and toss with the garlic and olive oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and cover. Let the kale steam for 2 minutes. Remove the lid and sauté for one more minute.
- Transfer the kale and garlic to the dish with the chickpeas.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tortellini, flat side down, and let them cook undisturbed for about 2 minutes, or until a light golden brown. Add ½ cup water, cover, and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the chickpeas, kale, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the desired amount of dressing for serving.
- Calories: 686kcal
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 670mg
- Potassium: 461mg
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 5g
- Vitamin A: 4491IU
- Vitamin C: 66mg
- Calcium: 297mg
- Iron: 5mg