Savor these mouthwatering mixed veggie gyoza, which are vegan and ideal as an appetiser, snack, or main course. Also, these vegetarian gyoza are gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, and meat-free.
- 1 pack of gyoza wrappers (around 24 pieces)
- 1 cup of finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup of chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, mushrooms, scallions, garlic, and ginger together.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and agave syrup.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetable mixture and stir well.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together.
- Place a small spoonful of the vegetable mixture in the center of each gyoza wrapper. Dip your finger in the cornstarch mixture and run it along the edges of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half and pinch the edges together to seal the gyoza.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the vegetable broth.
- Place the gyoza in the skillet and cover it with a lid.
- Cook for around 5-7 minutes, or until the gyoza are crispy and browned on the bottom.
- Add a splash of water to the skillet and cover it with a lid again. Let it cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the gyoza are cooked through and the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve the gyoza hot with soy sauce or other dipping sauces.
Nutrition facts per serving (6 pieces):
- Calories: 140
- Total fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 460mg
- Total carbohydrate: 23g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 4g