Here’s a recipe for Vegan Wild Garlic Spaetzle with Feta & “Bacon” that you can enjoy. Since it’s a vegan recipe, we’ll be using plant-based alternatives for feta cheese and bacon. Please note that nutrition facts may vary depending on the specific brands and ingredients you use.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (such as almond milk or soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons wild garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup vegan bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and ground nutmeg. Make a well in the center.
- Pour the plant-based milk into the well and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir in the wild garlic and let the batter rest for about 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the vegan bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Place a spaetzle maker or colander with large holes over the pot of boiling water. Pour a portion of the batter onto the spaetzle maker or colander and press it through the holes, letting the dough drop into the boiling water. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Cook the spaetzle in the boiling water for about 2-3 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- Drain the spaetzle and transfer them to a large skillet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the spaetzle and sauté over medium heat for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the crumbled vegan feta cheese and cooked vegan bacon to the skillet. Stir gently until the cheese starts to melt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the vegan wild garlic spaetzle hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 10g
- Sodium: 600mg
Please note that the nutrition facts may vary depending on the specific brands and types of ingredients used. It’s always a good idea to double-check the labels on the products you use to get accurate nutrition information.