These Vegan Cranberry Cream Cheese Bites are excellent for holiday entertaining or any time of the year! Puff pastry is layered with vegan cream cheese, cranberry sauce, hazelnuts, and rosemary for mouthwatering bites that are impossible to refuse. They can also be a treat at any time.
For the Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water (for blending)
For the Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Zest of 1 orange
For the Bites
- 24 whole grain crackers or mini toasts
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
Prepare the Cream Cheese Mixture
- In a blender or food processor, combine the soaked cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Blend the mixture, adding a little water at a time until you achieve a creamy and smooth consistency similar to cream cheese. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Prepare the Cranberry Sauce
- In a saucepan, combine the fresh cranberries, water, and maple syrup.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat, stir in the orange zest, and let it cool.
Assemble the Bites
- Place the whole grain crackers or mini toasts on a serving platter.
- Spread a layer of the prepared cream cheese mixture onto each cracker/toast.
Top with Cranberry Sauce
Spoon a small amount of the cooled cranberry sauce onto each cream cheese-covered cracker/toast.
Garnish each bite with a fresh mint leaf for a pop of color and flavor.
- Calories: 50-60 kcal per bite
- Fat: 3-4g
- Carbohydrates: 4-5g
- Protein: 1-2g
- Fiber: 1g