With a lemony frosting, this simple vegan lemon poppyseed loaf is cheerful and airy. Perfect for a brunch or afternoon snack at home.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond or soy milk)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppyseeds.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving size: 1 slice (1/10th of loaf)
- Calories: 185
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 107mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 2g