For all of your holiday gatherings and celebrations, try this Red Wine Apple Cider Autumn Sangria! The flavours taste fantastic and are very reminiscent of the autumn.
- 1 bottle (750ml) of red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup brandy or cognac
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 2 apples, sliced
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 star anise pods
- 1/4 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to taste, optional)
- Ice cubes for serving
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the red wine, apple cider, brandy, and orange liqueur. If you prefer a sweeter sangria, add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup and adjust to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add the sliced apples, pears, and orange to the mixture.
- Drop in the cinnamon stick and star anise pods to infuse the flavors. You can also tie them in a piece of cheesecloth for easier removal later.
- Gently stir in the cranberries and pomegranate seeds for a pop of color and flavor.
- Refrigerate the sangria for at least 2-3 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, add ice cubes to the glasses or the pitcher for a refreshing chill.
- Serve your Red Wine Apple Cider Fall Sangria in glasses, ensuring that each glass gets some fruit and a cinnamon stick for garnish.
- Calories: 160
- Total Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 0.5g