It is obvious that ice cream is not something we must give up in the autumn! Even in the fall, ice cream goes perfectly with warm handmade caramel, warm brownies or hot raspberries. So, we’ll demonstrate for you how simple it is to make a salted caramel sundae at home! accompanied by warm caramel, salty peanuts, and chopped chocolate.
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Vegan ice cream of your choice (such as coconut milk-based or soy-based)
- Optional toppings: crushed nuts, dairy-free whipped cream, vegan chocolate chips
- Slice the bananas and freeze them for at least 2 hours or until solid.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add the maple syrup and sea salt, stirring until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the coconut milk while whisking continuously. Increase the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a low boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and becomes caramel-like.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the caramel sauce to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the frozen banana slices in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, resembling the consistency of ice cream.
- Scoop the vegan ice cream into serving bowls or glasses.
- Drizzle the salted caramel sauce over the ice cream.
- Optionally, add desired toppings such as crushed nuts, dairy-free whipped cream, or vegan chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Calories: 300-400
- Fat: 18-25g
- Carbohydrates: 35-45g
- Protein: 2-4g
- Fiber: 3-5g
- Sugar: 25-30g
- Sodium: 200-300mg