These quick and simple homemade filled chocolates (vegan chocolate candies) make a lovely dessert, treat, or romantic gift. They are produced with a nutritious mixture of a dark chocolate shell and a chocolate nut filling that has been mildly spiced (or any other filling of your choice!).
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons fruit jam of your choice
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a silicone mold for chocolate or small candy cups, spoon a small amount of melted chocolate into each mold, coating the bottom and sides. Use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate up the sides of the mold.
- Place the chocolate-filled molds in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or until the chocolate is firm.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond flour. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and spoon a small amount of almond cream into each mold, leaving space in the center for the jam filling.
- Add a small dollop of fruit jam on top of the almond cream in each mold.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate over the almond cream and jam filling, covering it completely. Tap the molds gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the molds back in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chocolates are completely set.
- Once set, remove the chocolates from the molds by gently pushing them out from the bottom.
- Vegan chocolates filled with almond cream and jam are now ready to be enjoyed! Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 2mg