Mango, edamame, bell pepper, flaked coconut, roasted almonds, and basil are added to a tasty and light quinoa salad. This incredibly healthy salad is ideal for summer picnics and cookouts!
For the Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame beans
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, edamame beans, diced mango, diced red bell pepper, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, and toasted sliced almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, fresh lime juice, rice vinegar, honey (or maple syrup), salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together until well combined.
- Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Allow the salad to sit for about 15-20 minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the Mango Edamame Quinoa Salad as a refreshing side dish or a light meal.
- Calories: 550 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 28g
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Sodium: 200mg