This Vegan Caesar Salad has all of the tanginess and creaminess of a typical Caesar salad, but it’s all plant-based. Fresh avocado, crispy fried capers, and croutons on top.
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, soaked in water for at least 2 hours or overnight
- 1/4 cup water (adjust for desired consistency)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta and salad
- 8 ounces (about 225g) whole wheat or gluten-free pasta (your choice)
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it’s al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the dressing ingredients: soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Dijon mustard, garlic, capers (if using), salt, and pepper. Blend until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. If the dressing is too thick, you can add a little more water to reach your desired consistency. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, chopped Romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced black olives, and chopped parsley.
- Pour the vegan Caesar dressing over the pasta and salad ingredients. Toss everything together until well coated with the dressing.
- If desired, sprinkle some vegan Parmesan cheese on top for added flavor.
- Serve the Vegan Caesar Salad Pasta immediately and enjoy!
- Calories: 400-450 kcal
- Total Fat: 14-16g
- Saturated Fat: 2-3g
- Carbohydrates: 58-62g
- Fiber: 8-10g
- Sugar: 4-6g
- Protein: 12-14g
- Sodium: 300-400mg