Salad of Moroccan couscous and chickpeas with spiced orange dressing. It’s full of texture and flavour and is far from a dull salad!
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (a mix of colors is ideal)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (toasted, if desired)
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pearl couscous according to the package instructions. Once cooked, fluff it with a fork and let it cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and cooled couscous, drained and rinsed chickpeas, diced cucumber, diced bell peppers, chopped parsley, chopped mint leaves, chopped red onion, dried cranberries or raisins, and sliced almonds.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the couscous and chickpea mixture in the large bowl. Toss everything together until all the ingredients are well coated with the dressing.
- Taste the salad and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the Moroccan Couscous Chickpea Salad for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve the salad chilled, and garnish with additional chopped herbs and sliced almonds, if desired.
- Calories: 350 kcal
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 10g