Want some autumnal flavours? These savoury vegan pumpkin waffles are the solution! They are simple to make, incredibly adaptable, and ideal for cosy mornings.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cumin, paprika, dried thyme, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, almond milk, olive oil, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to its instructions and lightly grease it if necessary.
- Pour the batter onto the preheated waffle iron, using the recommended amount for your specific waffle iron.
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the waffles from the iron and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the savory pumpkin waffles warm with your favorite toppings or accompaniments.
- Calories: 286
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 591mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 6g