Do you have a hankering to prepare a batch of cookies? These delights are tasty and nutritious thanks to a combination of coconut and almonds and a hint of orange zest.
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the shredded coconut, almond flour, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites, almond extract, and salt with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the coconut mixture until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, drop tablespoon-sized mounds of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the macaroons are golden brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition facts per serving (1 macaroon, recipe makes 24 servings):
- Calories: 94
- Total Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 19mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugars: 7.7g
- Protein: 1.2g