This olive oil cake is simple to make, has a great rustic texture, and keeps moist for days. It is enhanced with fresh rosemary and orange zest. It is ideal for dessert, breakfast, or with afternoon tea because it is only lightly sweetened.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
- Servings: 12
- Calories per serving: 397
- Total Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Sodium: 221mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 42g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 25g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin D: 1mcg
- Calcium: 91mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 90mg