Flapjacks created with a beautiful oat crumble topping and a luscious raspberry filling are healthful and delectable. They are delicious vegan snacks that the whole family may enjoy that are sweet, soft, and chewy.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruits (raisins, cranberries, apricots, etc.), chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond butter or any nut butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped dried fruits, and ground cinnamon (if using). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the unsweetened applesauce, almond butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it down firmly and evenly using the back of a spoon or your hands.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the baking dish for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, transfer the flapjacks to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares or bars and store in an airtight container.
- Calories: 150 kcal
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 6g (naturally occurring from dried fruits and applesauce)
- Protein: 3g