Using a blender and 3 common ingredients, you can make simple crepes with almond milk! This delicious French breakfast or dessert idea is soft and crispy to the perfect degree, and it may be served sweet or savoury with your preferred toppings!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruits, such as berries, for serving
- Optional toppings: pure maple syrup, almond butter, or yogurt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, coconut flour, ground flaxseed, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking continuously until a smooth batter forms. If the batter is too thick, you can add a little more almond milk to achieve a pourable consistency.
- Let the batter rest for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flaxseed to thicken the mixture.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and swirl it around to create a thin and even crepe. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until the edges start to lift and the bottom is golden brown.
- Carefully flip the crepe using a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side. Repeat this process with the remaining batter, greasing the pan as needed.
- Once all the crepes are cooked, stack them on a plate and serve with fresh fruits and your choice of toppings, such as pure maple syrup, almond butter, or yogurt.
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 3g