A vegan banoffee pie that doesn’t require baking and is made with basic pantry staples! Fresh bananas and rich whipped cream go perfectly with the buttery crust and the handmade caramel, which is sweet and melty and made without dates. Every mouthful is a melting slice of bliss!
- 1 ½ cups of vegan digestive biscuit crumbs (about 12-14 biscuits)
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) of vegan sweetened condensed milk (or homemade vegan dulce de leche)
- 3-4 ripe bananas, sliced
- Vegan whipped cream (store-bought or homemade)
- Vegan chocolate shavings or cocoa powder for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the vegan digestive biscuit crumbs with melted vegan butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish, covering the entire base evenly. Use the back of a spoon to press it down firmly. Place the crust in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegan dulce de leche. If using canned vegan sweetened condensed milk, transfer the entire can into a saucepan and cook it over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and turns into a caramel-like consistency. If using homemade vegan dulce de leche, follow your preferred recipe.
- Once the crust has chilled, spread the vegan dulce de leche evenly over the crust.
- Slice the bananas and arrange them in a single layer over the dulce de leche.
- Top the bananas with vegan whipped cream, covering the entire surface of the pie.
- Optional: Sprinkle vegan chocolate shavings or cocoa powder on top for garnish.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Calories: 480
- Total Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 64g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 40g
- Protein: 4g