Your Christmas dinner may already be planned out in full, or you may still be unsure. Today, we’re sharing a dish with you that works well both as an Advent coffee-time treat and as a Christmas dessert. And if you think that making Christmas treats often takes hours, let me assure you that this recipe just takes 30 minutes and never uses the oven!
For the crust
- 1½ cups speculoos cookie crumbs (about 20-24 cookies)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
For the vanilla cream filling
- 1½ cups raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 4 hours, then drained)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Crushed speculoos cookies
- Fresh berries
- In a food processor, pulse the speculoos cookies until they turn into fine crumbs.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs to a mixing bowl and add the melted coconut oil. Mix well until the crumbs are evenly coated with oil.
- Divide the mixture into individual tartlet pans and press it firmly onto the bottom and sides to form the crust. Place the pans in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the filling.
- In the cleaned food processor, combine the soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tartlet pans from the refrigerator and fill each crust with the vanilla cream filling.
- Return the tartlets to the refrigerator and let them set for at least 2-3 hours, or until firm.
- Once set, garnish with crushed speculoos cookies and fresh berries, if desired.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Calories: 450
- Total Fat: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 35g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 16g Protein: 8g