A tasty and healthy way to start your day is with this thick and creamy tropical sweet potato smoothie bowl! Breakfast or a treat that can be made in 10 minutes is suitable for children, weight reduction, and can be tailored to your preferences.
For the smoothie
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, baked and cooled
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or any nut butter of your choice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or any other sweetener (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the toppings
- Sliced fresh fruits (e.g., banana, berries)
- Chia seeds
- Nuts or seeds of your choice
- Drizzle of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- In a blender, combine the baked sweet potato, frozen banana, almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup (if using), ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add more almond milk, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Arrange your desired toppings on top of the smoothie.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Calories: 240
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 42g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 4g