Wraps made with curried tofu are delectable, simple to prepare, vegan, and gluten-free. These wraps are made with marinated and fried crispy tofu and fresh vegetables. They are great for snacks, lunch, or brunch.
- 1 block (14 oz) of firm tofu, pressed and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and curry powder and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the tofu and vegetable broth to the skillet and stir well. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the tofu is lightly browned and the broth has mostly evaporated.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for another 2-3 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a skillet.
- Divide the tofu curry mixture evenly among the tortillas and add a dollop of Greek yogurt and some chopped cilantro if desired.
- Roll up the tortillas and serve.
- Serving size: 1
- wrap Calories: 369
- Total fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 897mg
- Total carbohydrate: 42g
- Dietary fiber: 10g
- Total sugars: 5g
- Protein: 20g