Planning the perfect picnic? Don’t forget to pack these tasty PB & J sandwiches in your picnic basket. They’re loved by kids and adults alike, packed with plant protein, and so easy to make!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or bread of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (natural, unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons fruit jelly or jam (choose your favorite flavor)
- Optional: sliced bananas, strawberries, or other fruits
- Spread one tablespoon of peanut butter on each of the two slices of bread.
- On one slice, spread two tablespoons of fruit jelly or jam.
- If desired, add sliced bananas, strawberries, or other fruits on top of the jelly.
- Press the two slices of bread together to form a sandwich.
- If you prefer a warm sandwich, you can lightly toast the bread before assembling the sandwich.
- Enjoy your peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
- Servings: 1 sandwich
- Calories: Around 350-400 calories per sandwich (without additional fruits)
- Total Fat: Approximately 15-18g
- Saturated Fat: Approximately 2.5-3g
- Carbohydrates: Around 45-50g
- Fiber: Approximately 6-8g
- Sugar: Around 15-20g (mainly from the jelly and fruits)
- Protein: Around 10-12g
- Sodium: Approximately 250-350mg