This vegan coconut bacon recipe is not only so easy to make, but it can be used in so many ways! Only few ingredients and 10 minutes to done!
For Coconut Bacon
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free option)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of black pepper
For the Sandwich
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread (check for vegan-friendly options)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons fruit preserves (strawberry, raspberry, or your choice)
- Banana slices (optional)
Make Coconut Bacon
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (162°C).
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, liquid smoke, maple syrup, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Add the coconut flakes to the bowl and toss them until they’re well coated in the marinade.
- Spread the marinated coconut flakes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the coconut bacon is crispy and browned. Make sure to watch it closely, as it can burn quickly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. It will crisp up further as it cools.
Assemble the Sandwich
- Toast the slices of whole-grain bread if desired.
- Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread and fruit preserves on the other.
- Add a layer of coconut bacon on the peanut butter side.
- Optionally, add banana slices on top of the coconut bacon.
- Press the two slices of bread together to form a sandwich.
- Slice in half if preferred and serve immediately.
- Calories: 350-400 kcal
- Protein: 8-10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 40-45 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 6-8 grams
- Sugars: 16-20 grams
- Fat: 18-20 grams
- Saturated Fat: 9-11 grams
- Sodium: 400-450 mg