This wrap is a filling option for a healthy dinner at the office and is ready in 10 minutes. It is packed with fibre, healthy fats, and protein.
For the Beet Hummus
- 1 medium-sized beet, cooked and peeled
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water (as needed for consistency)
For the Wrap
- Spinach tortilla wraps (you can use regular tortillas if you prefer)
- Baby spinach leaves
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced red bell pepper
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional, omit for a vegan option)
- In a food processor, combine the cooked and peeled beet, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic cloves, olive oil, ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water gradually until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Lay out a spinach tortilla wrap on a clean surface.
- Spread a generous amount of the beet hummus onto the wrap, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Layer the baby spinach leaves, sliced cucumber, avocado, red bell pepper, and crumbled feta cheese (if using) on top of the beet hummus.
- Fold in the sides of the wrap and then roll it up tightly.
- Cut the wrap in half if desired, and it’s ready to serve.
- Calories: 350-400 kcal
- Protein: 10-12g
- Carbohydrates: 40-45g
- Fat: 18-20g
- Fiber: 8-10g
- Sugar: 5-7g
- Sodium: 350-400mg