The ideal vegetarian meal on-the-go is this mile-high sandwich with hummus and vegetables. Depending on your mood, mix it up with various hummus varieties and vegetables of various kinds.
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons of hummus
- 1/4 cup of sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup of sliced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of sliced tomato
- 1/4 cup of sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup of baby spinach
- Toast the bread slices until golden brown.
- Spread the hummus evenly on one side of each slice of bread.
- Layer the cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, avocado, and spinach on one slice of bread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top to create a sandwich.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per sandwich):
- Calories: 340
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 630mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 44g
- Dietary Fiber: 12g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 13g