There aren’t many Christmas cakes that come to mind. Christstollen—is that a cake? Doesn’t gingerbread resemble cookies more? We only ever get stuck on two recipes, spice cake and speculaas cake, even though we go through all Christmas recipes, which is somewhat of a meagre yield. But that’s all over now because we’re going to show you a deliciously fruity Christmas cake that’s also really light and fluffy today.
- 225 g wheat flour type 405
- 150 grams of sugar
- 8 grams of vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 50 ml tasteless vegetable oil (rapeseed or sunflower oil)
- 250 ml sparkling water
- 500 g canned tangerines (drained weight)
- 400 ml Hygge punch apple tangerine (e.g. from Voelkel)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 400 ml vegan cream for whipping
- optional: 2 tsp cinnamon
- 16 g vanilla sugar
- 16 g cream stiffener
- approx. 20 speculoos biscuits
- Set the oven’s temperature to 180 C (circulating air). Put the wheat flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, and baking powder in a bowl for the biscuit and whisk to combine thoroughly. Stir with the sparkling water and vegetable oil. Bake the batter for about 20 minutes in a buttered 22 x 28 cm pan. After then, let it to totally cool.
- To make the tangerine layer, drain the tangerines from the can and combine them with the punch in a saucepan. Add the smooth mixture of cornflour and liquid to the pot. The tangerines should dissolve and the sauce should thicken after around five minutes of simmering. After then, let it to totally cool.
- Whip the plant-based cream with the vanilla sugar, cream stabiliser, optional cinnamon, and cream. Refrigerate until ready to layer.
- Place the sponge cake in a baking pan and smooth up the top with the tangerine layer. Spread the whipped cream evenly after adding. Place the speculoos cookies on top of the cream after that, one on top of the other.
- It is ideal to serve the cake the next day after keeping it in the refrigerator over night. The speculoos cookies will get slightly softer as a result, making the cake slightly simpler to consume.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 2g