You must try this recipe for Vegan Cheese Stuffed Spinach Potato Cakes since it is simple to make and very tasty. They have a gooey cheese filling inside and are filled with a crispy exterior. The ideal gluten-free side dish made entirely of plants for lunch or dinner!
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for brushing)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and poke a few holes in each with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until they are tender. Allow them to cool.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a thin layer of potato around the edges.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potato flesh, chopped spinach, vegan cream cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Spoon the filling mixture into each potato half, dividing it equally among them.
- Brush the potato skins with olive oil and return them to the baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden and the filling is heated through.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Calories: 210
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 2g