Plums and poppy seeds blend so good together. This combination has something unique about it. Sweet and juicy plums pair well with creamy, aromatic poppy seeds. This plum poppyseed cake is delicious. Everything is better with fluffy butter, creamy poppy seeds, and luscious plums!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3-4 ripe plums, pitted and sliced
- Vegan sprinkles (optional, for decoration)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar.
- Add the vegetable oil, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix until everything is well combined and you have a smooth batter.
- Stir in the poppy seeds until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Arrange the sliced plums on top of the batter, pressing them in slightly.
- If desired, sprinkle some vegan sprinkles over the top for decoration.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, slice it into servings and enjoy!
- Calories: 250-280 kcal
- Total Fat: 9-11g
- Saturated Fat: 1-2g
- Carbohydrates: 39-42g
- Fiber: 2-3g
- Sugar: 20-25g
- Protein: 3-4g
- Sodium: 200-250mg