We are always excited to learn about and test out new recipes that use plums throughout the plum season. We can now endorse this straightforward vegan plum cake in addition to our vegan plum galette and our vegan plum crumble. You should absolutely attempt this delectable and simple recipe if the time is right!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (such as almond, soy, or oat milk)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 plums, pitted and sliced
- Vegan sprinkles for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the plant-based milk, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a baking tin or cake pan with some vegan butter or oil.
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it to the greased tin and spread it out evenly.
- Arrange the sliced plums on top of the dough, pressing them gently into the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Sprinkle vegan sprinkles over the top of the cake.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 260
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 195mg