In this delectable, vegan pineapple cashew cauliflower rice, healthy cauliflower transforms into rice and mixes with crunchy cashews, sweet pineapple, and spices.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced (approximately 4 cups of cauliflower rice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free option)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the cauliflower rice by removing the leaves and core of the cauliflower. Chop the cauliflower into florets, then place them in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice-like grains. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the diced red bell pepper to the skillet and continue to sauté for a few more minutes until the pepper softens slightly.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the cauliflower rice to the other side. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice becomes tender.
- Stir in the diced pineapple and cashews, then add soy sauce or tamari. Continue to cook for a few more minutes until the flavors are well combined and the pineapple is heated through.
- Optional: Stir in nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Serve the pineapple cashew cauliflower rice as a main dish or as a side dish with your favorite vegan protein.
- Calories: 150-180
- Total Fat: 9-11g
- Saturated Fat: 3-4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 400-500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15-18g
- Dietary Fiber: 3-5g
- Sugars: 7-9g
- Protein: 6-8g