This festive vegan mushroom crostini dish is an easy and attractive holiday appetiser. A crunchy baguette topped with grilled vegan mozzarella, sweet caramelised onions, and mushrooms with a dash of balsamic and Dijon mustard will undoubtedly impress.
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- 2 cups mushrooms (cremini or button), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free option)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan cream cheese or vegan cashew cheese (store-bought or homemade)
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush each slice with olive oil. Toast them in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until they become crispy and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they release their moisture and become tender (about 5 minutes).
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce (or tamari) and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme leaves.
- Spread a generous layer of vegan cream cheese or vegan cashew cheese onto each toasted baguette slice.
- Top each crostini with a spoonful of the sautéed mushroom mixture.
- Optionally, garnish with chopped fresh parsley and red pepper flakes for an extra kick of flavor.
- Calories: Approximately 100 kcal
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 1g
- Sodium: 150mg