As you know, we love sandwiches – whether with rolls, white bread, wholemeal slices, hamburger buns or whatever. Of course, wraps are also great to take away, but we wanted to do something different today.
- 1 large focaccia bread
- 2 cups of caponata (made of eggplant, tomatoes, onions, celery, olives, capers, vinegar, sugar, and olive oil)
- 1/2 cup of hummus
- 1 cup of baby arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the focaccia bread into 4 equal pieces horizontally and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Spread hummus on one side of each piece of focaccia.
- Top with a generous amount of caponata on the other side.
- Add a handful of baby arugula on top of the caponata.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Close the sandwich by bringing the hummus and caponata sides together.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition facts per serving (based on 4 servings)
- Calories: 383
- Total fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 691mg
- Total carbohydrates: 55g
- Dietary fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 10g