The filling of pumpkin and black beans in these incredibly easy vegan enchiladas is robust and creamy without sacrificing flavour. These enchiladas are perfect for a weekday meal because they can be made in about 30 minutes and with fewer than 10 common ingredients!
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked black beans (or one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked and mashed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese (optional, for topping)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, red bell pepper, and minced garlic. Cook until the vegetables become tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes, cooked black beans, mashed pumpkin, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir everything together and let it simmer for a few minutes to combine the flavors. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour about 1 cup of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Take a corn tortilla and spoon a generous amount of the pumpkin and black bean mixture onto the center. Roll the tortilla and place it seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Once all the enchiladas are arranged in the baking dish, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top, covering them evenly.
- Optionally, sprinkle vegan shredded cheese on top of the enchiladas.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the enchiladas are heated through and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to let the cheese (if using) melt and turn slightly golden.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
- Calories: 350-400 kcal
- Protein: 12-15g
- Fat: 7-10g
- Carbohydrates: 55-60g
- Fiber: 10-12g
- Sugar: 5-8g
- Sodium: 600-800mg