Do you enjoy chocolatey food? Then you should try this vegan chocolate mousse! The recipe just calls for a few simple ingredients, is really simple to make, and yields a deliciously airy and light chocolate dessert. The best part is that this chocolate mousse is easily adaptable, so it always matches the occasion or the diner’s preferences perfectly.
- 1 cup aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: berries, coconut flakes, or chopped nuts
- Place the aquafaba in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. This may take around 5-10 minutes, depending on your mixer.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and fully melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, let it cool slightly before adding it to the whipped aquafaba.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into the whipped aquafaba until well combined. Be careful not to overmix and deflate the aquafaba.
- Divide the chocolate mousse mixture into serving bowls or glasses. You can refrigerate them for a few hours to set or serve immediately if desired.
- If desired, top the vegan chocolate mousse with berries, coconut flakes, or chopped nuts before serving.
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 3g