These vegan chicken fajitas are delicious and excellent for sharing with guests! These vegan chicken fajitas are an easy and tasty meal for any random Wednesday!
- 2 cups soy curls
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Fajita Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Fajitas
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Tortillas (flour or corn), for serving
- Prepare the Soy Curls: In a large bowl, soak the soy curls in vegetable broth or water and soy sauce (or tamari) for about 10 minutes until they become tender and rehydrate. Drain the excess liquid and squeeze out any excess moisture from the soy curls.
- Make the Fajita Seasoning: In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to create the fajita seasoning.
- Coat the Soy Curls: In a separate bowl, toss the rehydrated soy curls in the fajita seasoning until they are evenly coated.
- Sauté the Soy Curls: In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned soy curls to the skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are heated through and slightly crispy. Remove the soy curls from the skillet and set them aside.
- Cook the Fajita Vegetables: In the same skillet, add a little more olive oil if needed. Add the thinly sliced onion and bell peppers to the skillet and sauté for about 5-7 minutes until they are tender-crisp and slightly charred.
- Mix the Soy Curls with Fajita Vegetables: Return the sautéed soy curls to the skillet with the cooked vegetables. Add lime juice and toss everything together to combine.
- Serve the Vegan Chicken Fajitas: Warm the tortillas and serve the vegan chicken fajita mixture in the tortillas. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 25g