These vegan cheese tots were developed for people who wanted a healthier alternative to fried potatoes and for others who wanted to forgo caution and deep-fry their food.
- 4 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or oil for greasing
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray/oil.
- After peeling the potatoes, grate them using a box grater or food processor. Squeeze out any excess moisture from the grated potatoes using a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated potatoes, vegan cheddar cheese, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well combined.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and shape it into a tater tot. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process until all the mixture has been used, leaving some space between each tater tot.
- Bake the tater tots in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy, flipping them halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Once they are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 300mg