Birchermüsli will now serve as a lesson to those who thought of it merely as a watery, boring hagmeal base with a few depressing raisins and an alibi apple. The Swiss classic is taken down from the shelf and dusted. More specifically, the Birchermüsli is the fashionable overnight oats big sister.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- Optional toppings: sliced almonds, shredded coconut, additional berries
- In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir well to ensure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4-6 hours to allow the oats and chia seeds to soften.
- When ready to serve, give the mixture a good stir. If it seems too thick, you can add a splash of almond milk to achieve your desired consistency.
- Divide the bircher muesli into serving bowls and top with mixed berries, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, or any other desired toppings.
- Enjoy your vegan bircher muesli immediately or refrigerate for a couple more hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Calories: 280 calories
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Potassium: 350mg
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 9g