Of course you could also make scones for your lemon curd now, but we had a mountain of pancakes in mind that we pour our homemade lemon cream over. We made our pancakes a little nuttier because almonds and lemons always go really well together. If you are allergic to almonds, you could do this with ground hazelnuts or use “only” flour if you were completely nut-free.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, then flip them and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with homemade lemon curd (recipe below) and any additional desired toppings.
Homemade Lemon Curd
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plant-based butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, granulated sugar, melted plant-based butter or coconut oil, cornstarch, and water.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the lemon curd has thickened, remove it from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the lemon curd to a jar or airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Calories: 250-300
- Total Fat: 10-12g
- Saturated Fat: 1-2g
- Carbohydrates: 35-40g
- Fiber: 2-4g
- Sugar: 10-12g
- Protein: 5-7g