Crisp pastry topped with a delectable hazelnut pesto layer and gorgeous tomatoes. The ideal light lunch, this puff pastry tomato tart with pesto is really easy to make.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and cut it into four squares.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on each square, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Arrange the cherry tomato halves on top of the pesto and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the tarts to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and the tomatoes are slightly softened.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 26.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 472mg
- Carbohydrates: 24.6g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sugars: 2.2g
- Protein: 7.6g