This quick and simple vegan recipe for tomato and artichoke soup will be ready in 20 minutes. Great for when you want a flavorful tomato soup that requires no manual labour.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 16 oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- For 10 minutes over medium heat, soften the onion, fennel bulb, and garlic in olive oil in a soup pot.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, smashed tomatoes, artichokes, tarragon, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Cook until well heated.
- This is improved by the ice and becomes wonderful. Believe me.
- Bananas that were frozen will also likely work.
Add a teaspoon of fennel seeds to sautéed onions as a flavour enhancer. For a kick, add red pepper flakes, or try the fruitier, milder Urfa Biber pepper.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 14.7 g
- Sodium: 775.4 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg