This Toasted Coconut Smoothie is refreshing, easy to make and delicious. It’s the perfect healthy smoothie recipe that the entire family is sure to enjoy!
- 1/4 cup of toasted coconut plus extra for garnish
- one banana
- orange juice from one (or sub the whole orange, or 1 cup pineapple)
- three Medjool dates (pitted)
- (Or 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric) 2 tablespoons turmeric root
- (1/2 teaspoon ground ginger) 2 slices
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- A half-teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of pollen from bees (optional, for allergies, not vegan)
- 0.5 cups of almond milk
- Two cups of ice (please don’t forget this step!
- In a dry skillet over low heat, toast the coconut flakes until they are fragrant and brown. This is vital.
- Blend till smooth the banana, orange juice, dates, coconut, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, and nut milk. One cup at a time, add the ice, and blend until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup more ice to the smoothie to make it clump together like in the picture.
- Pour into a 16-ounce glass, then sprinkle coconut flakes over top.
- This is improved by the ice and becomes wonderful. Believe me.
- Bananas that were frozen will also likely work.
- Serving size:
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 74.4 g
- Sodium: 104.5 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Saturated fat: 8.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 106.2 g
- Fiber: 12.4 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg