This Thanksgiving, serve this tasty and entertaining sweet potato crunch. The majority of non-sweet potato eaters adore it!
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a pot of water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash the sweet potatoes.
- Mix the mashed sweet potatoes with milk, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and chopped pecans. Mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the sweet potato mixture is set.
- Let the Sweet Potato Crunch cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, based on 8 servings):
- Calories: 365
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 177mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 60g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 44g
- Protein: 3g