Grilled mushrooms, is appropriate for the summer and the barbeque season. More specifically, we stuffed and grilled Portobello mushrooms. Of course, you can bake the mushrooms if you don’t want to grill them. In order to ensure that the mushrooms cook more quickly and thoroughly, we can also advise frying them in a skillet on both sides before stuffing.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the stems from the Portobello mushrooms and gently scrape out the gills using a spoon.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, diced bell peppers, red onion, minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon the corn and pepper salsa into the Portobello mushrooms, dividing it evenly among them.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the grill, close the lid, and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Remove the mushrooms from the grill and garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Calories: Approximately 180
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 7g