Furikake and Winter Squash in a Miso Tofu Wrap! With avocado, crunchy tangy slaw, furikake, and tofu, the squash and tofu are roasted together and basted with an incredibly fragrant miso sauce. Very excellent! both gluten-free and vegan
- 1/2 cup cubed winter squash
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon miso paste
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 block of firm tofu, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon furikake seasoning
- 1 whole wheat wrap
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Toss the cubed winter squash with the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a baking dish. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu strips and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Add the miso sauce to the pan and toss to coat the tofu. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly and coats the tofu.
- Sprinkle the furikake seasoning over the tofu and toss to coat.
- Warm the wrap in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, if desired.
- Place the roasted winter squash and the tofu mixture in the center of the wrap. Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll it up tightly.
Nutrition facts per serving
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 894mg
- Carbohydrates: 37.4g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Protein: 17.4g