The perfect flavour combination is found in this recipe for Margherita Pizza Toast. Everything a Margherita pizza could possibly offer, but in toast form, and ready in just ten minutes.
- 2 slices of bread (whole wheat or sourdough)
- 2 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh basil on top.
- Serve hot.
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 288
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 15g