All those who enjoy a delicious breakfast on the weekends but would like to branch out from the usual pancakes and waffles should try this dish. Bring on this recipe for simple vegan french toast. The eggless, dairy-free custard used to make this Just Egg French toast has undertones of warm cinnamon, vanilla, and maple.
- 1/2 cup Just Egg (or other vegan egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (such as almond, soy, or oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-6 slices of bread (preferably slightly stale)
- Vegan butter or oil for cooking
- Maple syrup, fresh berries, or other toppings of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the Just Egg, plant-based milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and add a small amount of vegan butter or oil.
- Dip a slice of bread into the Just Egg mixture, making sure both sides are coated, but not overly soaked.
- Place the coated bread slice onto the preheated skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat the dipping and cooking process for the remaining slices of bread.
- Serve the vegan French toast warm with your choice of toppings such as maple syrup, fresh berries, or vegan whipped cream.
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 400mg