This sandwich’s fillings include crunchy carrots and radishes, cucumber, avocado, and sprouts, all on top of a savoury, herb-filled smashed chickpea salad. Flexible vegan and gluten-free options!
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices of whole-grain bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- In a medium bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork until they are broken down but still chunky.
- Add the vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, parsley, dill, salt, and black pepper to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Spread the chickpea salad on 2 slices of the toasted bread.
- Top each sandwich with 2 lettuce leaves, 2 tomato slices, and some avocado slices.
- Cover with the remaining slices of bread.
- Calories: 382
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 854mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 49g
- Dietary Fiber: 14g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 15g