Making a batch of Vegan Halloween Monster Cookies will make you feel spooky this year! Matcha, purple sweet potato, and charcoal are combined in these terrifying triple flavoured sugar cookies to create Halloween treats that are the ideal balance of spooky and adorable.
For the Monster Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Halloween-themed chocolate chips or M&M’s
- 1 cup candy eyeballs (for decoration)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the rolled oats and Halloween-themed chocolate chips or M&M’s.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Gently press a few candy eyeballs onto each cookie to create a “monster” appearance.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden but the centers are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Calories: 150-170
- Total Fat: 7-9g
- Saturated Fat: 4-5g
- Cholesterol: 25-30mg
- Sodium: 70-90mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21-24g
- Dietary Fiber: 1-2g
- Sugars: 14-16g
- Protein: 2-3g